[mapserver-users] Label Annotation and repeatdistance

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Sep 24 05:26:26 PDT 2012

REPEATDISTANCE only works with lines. What is does is to create multiple
label points along the line. This does not make sense for ANNOTATION
layers for two reasons:

1. annotation is a point, you can not repeat along a point
2. annotation is deprecated in 6.2 and will be going away in the future

You might try creating a line feature and label that with
repeatdistance. Or create a grid of points that you can use to position
you disclaimer labels with.

-Steve W