[mapserver-users] WFS on a view from a spatialite source

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Apr 13 08:47:40 PDT 2013

Hi,

I made some trials too. I used two different Windows binaries
- MS4W with gdal18.dll (2011-08-12) and Mapserver 6.0.1
- binaries from gisinternals including gdal110dev.dll (2013-03-24) and Mapserver 6.3dev

Spatialite database was of version 3.0 and created with Spatialite-gui 1.5.0

When I used MS4W with gdal18.dll  I could use Spatialite layers in two ways:
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
CONNECTION "test.sqlite"
DATA "layer"
or with
DATA "select GEOMETRY from layer"

View did not work. Error was:
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. GetLayer(layer_view) failed for OGR connection `test.sqlite'.

With the gdal110dev.dll thing were not better but worse.  Only thing which worked was to use DATA "layer".  If I used SELECT in the DATA definitions I got
msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. Unable to query table layer(GEOMETRY) for column definitions : no such table: layer(GEOMETRY).

View did not work with gdaldev110.dll and the error was again the same "no such table: layer(GEOMETRY)".
Ogrinfo using this same gdaldev110 version has no troubles in seeing the view as a layer in sqlite database, and is can also read data from the view. It looks like the problem is not in the GDAL but in the way Mapserver is using GDAL.

Could you repeat the test with "DATA "SELECT something FROM layer"?. My test suggests that even that does not work with Mapserver 6.3dev at the moment.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Andrea Peri wrote