[mapserver-users] error with installation application packages for MS4W

Suzanne Maas suzanne.m.maas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 03:38:05 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I am a novice to MS4W and web mapping applications, and got recommended the
MS4W to start building up a web map. I have installed the MS4W 3.0.6
package directly on my C drive (so C:\ms4w).  I am running on Windows 7 and
using a Chrome browser. The installation seems succesful and when going to *
http://localhost* everything looks as it should according to the
documentation.

Then I downloaded the pmapper 4.3.1 application package, extracted the
files to my C drive and copied them into the ms4w folder. I refreshed the
Apache MS4W Web Server application and refreshed the local host page and
the pmapper package appeared on the localhost accordingly. However, when I
tried to start the demo application I received the following error message:
*Not Found. The requested URL /pmapper/ was not found on this server.*
*
*
I tried again with another application package (Chameleon 2.4.1), but the
same message appears.

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot. Kind regards,

Suzanne