[mapserver-users] Something wrong with Spatialite

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Apr 24 01:45:55 PDT 2013

Jeff McKenna wrote

> On 2013-04-21 6:17 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't get Spatialite views or SQL selects to work as data source with recent
> Mapserver versions. I created an issue and made a simple test database and
> corresponding mapfile for if someone wants to make a test in different
> environment. I was testing with the brand new MS4W 3.1.0-beta1.
> > The issue with a link to test data is in
> > https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4636
> >

> Hi Jukka, you can check the exact versions used in the MS4W environment
> through this link on your machine:
> http://127.0.0.1/README_INSTALL.html#mapserver-build-environment
>
> GDAL build used was 1.10.0-RC4

Hi,

The reason for the problem is found and it is already corrected in GDAL r25944.
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5060

Sad thing is that fix was done too late for GDAL 1.10 release and it will mean that once Mapserver is updated to use GDAL 1.10 it will not be possible to use views or SQL selects with Spatialite. This will affect all operating systems and lots of existing mapfiles will stop working.

I tested the fix by using development binaries from gisinternals.com instead of the original  MS4W 3.1.0-beta1 binaries in the cgi-bin directory.  The binaries from gisinternals included GDAL r25944  and mapfiles with Spatialite views and selects work fine.  Unfortunately I could not get the Mapcache module to work after I replaced the binaries. I used dependency walker and I tried  to find and include all necessary dlls from the MS4W binaries but result was not good and Apache did not load the module.

-Jukka Rahkonen-