[mapserver-users] Error: You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/mapserv on this server.

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at unep.org
Tue Dec 10 07:37:39 PST 2013

Ok, as usual, after many hours of trying and searching, one writes a mail, and then, five minutes later one discovers the solution.

In our case:

In httpd.conf it must read "LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so".

And it must look like this:

<Directory "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin">
   AllowOverride None
   Options None
   Require all granted
#   Order allow,deny
#   Allow from all
</Directory>

Hopes this helps somebody else. And perhaps raises some reactions from you guys for things we still should consider or do differently.

Thanks a lot,

Stefan