[mapserver-users] Rewarping/Reprojection with GDAL and -wo EXTRA_SOURCE parameter

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Thu Dec 19 05:16:18 PST 2013

> Oh Andreas, blind me.
> Copied it into the POSTGIS layer but not the LINE Layer.
> Sorry for that.
> It works now as described, panning and zooming is ok.
>
> Btw, where to send the bugreport ?

No problem. I just found https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4483 which is tagged with MapScript. But reading through the bug description it sound like it is strongly related to your case. Since your problem seems to start in msDrawVectorLayer() this turns into a more general problem.
I'm currently wondering why msProjectRect() transforms your request BBOX (-6500000,-6500000,2500000,2500000) into
(-179.464412, 0.002066, 178.470560, 66.995391) and returns MS_SUCCESS.

It seems to be a good idea to create a new issue at https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues, tag it with "Bug", "Proj Support" and "MapServer C Library", reference the issue mentioned above and attach the map file, proj string and request that triggers the issue. You should also mention the found cause: msProjectRect() used by msDrawVectorLayer() doesn't create a proper query BBOX to fetch the features in such cases.