[mapserver-users] SVG text

Jefferson Williams jefferson.d.williams at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 08:42:31 PST 2013

I'm a long-time user of PHP Mapscript and have written code to produce maps
for Wikipedia.  Older versions of Mapscript produced SVG files that
contained text elements.  In more recent versions, text is produced as a
series of vectors instead, which means that the text cannot be edited.
 Often auto-generated maps need to be tweaked in various ways before they
are ready for the public. Now I can move text, but I cannot edit it.

Is there a way with 6.2 or 6.4 that labels can be produced as text elements
in the resulting SVG file?

--

Jeff Williams