[mapserver-users] Intersect and Union with mapserver

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Dec 29 06:54:06 PST 2013

On 12/29/2013 5:34 AM, saka royban wrote:
> Hi all.
> I wanna give users ability to do intersection and union between layers (not
> features). How can i do it with mapserver? Is it posssible?
> I'm looking for some guidelines. Should i use programming, any external
> library, etc. ?

Before defining a solution, I think you need to better describe the problem:

How do you see a "layer" as defined?
   o the collection of features?
   o the image of that layer?
   o something else?

What to you expect as output for these operations?
   o a collection of new objects to render?
   o a filtered collection on new objects to render?
   o some kind of manipulation of the two images to render?

etc.

-Steve W