[mapserver-users] IMAGEMODE with Mapserver 6.2

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 08:04:07 PST 2013

Dear all,

We updated to Mapserver 6.2 in one of our servers today (from 6.0) and a few
of the map files started issuing the following error:

msLoadMap(): Regular expression error. MS_DEFAULT_MAPFILE_PATTERN validation
failed. msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String failed expression
test.

A GetCapabilities request on these files returns an incomplete XML response
and generates a segmentation fault.

We found this being caused by the IMAGEMODE FLOAT32 tag we have to include
in the OUTPUTFORMAR for raster layers. Commenting out this tag all WMS
queries works as they should, but the WCS always returns RGB data that we
can't use.

So this question is if something changed for IMAGEMODE from version 6.0 to
6.2 or if this is a bug. Please advise on how to proceed.

Thank you,

Luís