[mapserver-users] How to render mapserver with openGL

ElPer K.Digeser at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 05:45:21 PST 2013

Hi
I try to use the mapserver with openGL, but I get only this exception:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
"http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException>
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Unable to initialize image.
OglContext::init(): Renderer error. DISPLAY environment variable not set
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Which environment variable I have to set?

I installed Mapserver 6.2. on Ubuntu 12.04 with opengl and change
"OUTPUTFORMAT" in the mapfile  to "DRIVER OGL/PNG"

I hope someone can help me

Thanks

ElPer