[mapserver-users] queryByShape returns too many results

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Wed Feb 20 13:34:58 PST 2013

Thanks Steve.

Interestingly, the process you showed me works great with my point data.  But with line or poly data, I am getting some results outside of the polygon.  But, using the nextShape() method works properly with these.

I can but some if/then code in to examine the results based on feature type.  But it would be interesting to know why one way works best for points, the other for lines/polys.