[mapserver-users] problem with TRUETYPE and GEOMTRANSFORM 'labelpoly': wrong calculation by mapserver ?

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Feb 21 06:40:59 PST 2013

hello dear mailinglist

Im having a strange result when using a TRUETYPE symbol used as LABEL,
with a GEOMTRANSFORM 'labelpoly' to give some background color of my symbol,

the background polygon created by the GEOMTRANSFORM 'labelpoly' is
smaller than my symbol, ending in a not so great result, as seen on this
example:

http://dev.camptocamp.com/files/mapserver/test_train_symbol.png

also, the OUTLINECOLOR show some color inside the symbol, something I
dont understand at all.

if someone could possibly tell me how to adjust the labelpoly size and
explain me the OUTLINECOLOR behavior in this case, I would be very grateful.

here is the CLASS used to render that layer:

   CLASS
     LABEL
       TYPE TRUETYPE
       FONT HPMDRG
       SIZE 20
       ANTIALIAS TRUE
       COLOR  0 51 153 # dark blue
       OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0 # red, just for testing, I dont understand
why there is an outline inside the symbol
       STYLE
         GEOMTRANSFORM 'labelpoly'
         COLOR 0 255 255 # background cyan rectangle, not the correct size
       END
       POSITION cc
     END
     TEXT "1"