[mapserver-users] Mapserver 6 and PostGIS 1.1.6 - nonexistent function

Mimis Simos mimis.simos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 01:39:11 PST 2013

Hello,

is it possible to instruct MS to query an old PostGIS db (v.1.1.6) not by
using the "new" st_* functions? I have an MS 6 (ms4w) and the requests it
makes to my old db are made with functions that do not exist in my PG. This
stuff used to work on my old MS 5 installation.

<ServiceException>
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'road_network'.
msPostGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error executing query: ERROR:
function st_force_2d(geometry) does not exist
LINE 1: select
"id","code",encode(ST_AsBinary(ST_Force_2D("geom"),'N...
                                              ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need
to add explicit type casts.

</ServiceException>