[mapserver-users] Displaying overlapping linestrings

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Fri Jan 25 01:49:52 PST 2013

Yes, the idea works, but the differences in hue are too small to be
useful in practice. And furthermore, they also show up for border lines
between adjoining polygons. I just want to highlight polygons that
completely overlap. I'm afraid I have to go the PostGIS/GEOS way.

Even o, would an XOR brush not be a nice addition to the STYLE object?
You could create all kinds of moiré fill patterns.

http://www.google.nl/search?q=moire&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lGh&tbo=u&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=C1UCUez4C9KX0QXV9IDoDw&ved=0CFMQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=809

Jan