[mapserver-users] MapCache "missing a service" error

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Wed Jun 5 00:40:49 PDT 2013

> The demo page seems like a very normal html page.  Perhaps
> your hosted server has troubles with finding the html code or
> something.  Unfortunately I am not expert on this area.

You surely need not be. Solution might obviously found on this line:

  <service type="demo" enabled="false"/>

> [...]
>
> Hi,
>
> In the Mapcache documentation the service in installed on the
> local computer so that after installation the demo page is
> found from address http://localhost/mapcache/demo/ which is
> the same as http://127.0.0.1/mapcache/demo/
>
> I saw from your previous mail that you were using another IP
> address for contacting your Mapcache, namely
> http://192.168.56.101/mapcache/ so I used that in my address.
> I do not know if that address is also your own computer or
> some other machine. If it is the same computer where your
> keyboard is connected then localhost and 127.0.0.1 addresses
> should work as well.
>
> I have installed my Mapcache into port 8060 of my computer so
> for me the link to the list of demos is
> http://127.0.0.1:8060/mapcache/demo/ and in a browser it
> shows the page like this
> http://latuviitta.org/documents/mapcache_demo_start_page.png
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
>

> ________________________________
>
> Jackey Cheung wrote:
>
> > Dear Rahkonen,
>
> > Thanks for your reply. It worked.
>
> > However, I was following the online documentation on
> installing mapcache. The document says
> (http://mapserver.org/mapcache/install.html#table-of-contents):
> > * In your web browser, goto the local MapCache demo page:
> http://127.0.0.1/mapcache/demo/
> <http://127.0.0.1/mapcache/demo/>  You should see a clickable
> list of demo links
>
> > It that I've misunderstood?
>

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Rahkonen Jukka
> <jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi<mailto:jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Great, then you have made it.  The message means that your
> URL connects Mapcache as WMS service but the message is
> missing the compulsory WMS parameters SERVICE and REQUEST
> because you only did
>
> http://192.168.56.101/mapcache/
>
> You will see the WMS 1.1.0 capabilities document by using
> http://192.168.56.101/mapcache?service=wms&version=1.1.1&reque
st=GetCapabilities
> and you should be able to use your service and see the map
> layers as maps with some WMS client like OpenJUMP or QGis. If
> the demo is installed you can also test with
> http://192.168.56.101/mapcache/demo/wms
>

> -Jukka Rahkonen-
>

> ________________________________
> Jackey Cheung wrote
>
> > I'ved added the PATH_INFO to nginx location block, and
> using the sample mapcache.xml from the source package. Now it
> always returns
>
> > received wms with no service and request
>

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM
> <Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de<mailto:Andreas.Eichner at sid.sac
> hsen.de><mailto:Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de<mailto:Andreas.
> Eichner at sid.sachsen.de>>> wrote:
>
> You need to pass the path_info from nginx to mapcache. Use
> something like
>
>   fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;

er-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org><mailto:mapserver-users-> bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users-bounces at lists.o
sgeo.org>>] Im Auftrag

sgeo.org><mailto:mapserver-> users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>>