[mapserver-users] cascading wms and layer names encoding

duartecarreira dncarreira at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 10:24:04 PDT 2013

Hi everybody (this always reminds me of Barney from the simpsons...)

Anyway, I'm battling with cascading a wms layer that has human readable
names... like with spaces and other characters that MapServer urlencodes...

So when I have in my mapfile:

LAYER

(...)

METADATA
  wms_name  "layer with understandable name, another layer"

(...)

And I make a request to MapServer, what it sends to the original WMS server
looks like:

http://..../WMSServer/request=getmap&*layers=layer%20with%20understandable%20name%2C%20another%20layer*&other
params

As you can see the layers are encoded and unfortunately my wms server says:
/"Parameter 'layers' contains unacceptable layer names."/

Finally my question: can I tell MapServer to NOT encode the layers names???

Thanks.
Duarte