[mapserver-users] Select the dataset at runtime

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 11:26:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

Is possible to change at runtime the datasource of a layer using a
parameter of the request to choose the dataset ?

I'm explain better.
I have two datasource of the same physical phenomenon.
The first is at 96dpi and the second at 300dpi.

I like to show the first when the user see it on a webgis and ask it using
a request getmap with the extra parameter map_resolution=96
Instead the mapserver should return the second dataset when the request has
an extra_parameter map_resolution=300 tipically when the user call it for a
print at high resolution.

I'm trying to avoid to set two distinct mapserver layers.
To avoid the user should change the layer in the request.

The solution I'm searching is to allow the use of the parameter
"map_resolution" to choose the dataset to use.

--
Andrea Peri