[mapserver-users] BROWSE mode requiresa TEMPLATE?

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Jun 19 10:14:41 PDT 2013

Hi,

Obviously Global Mapper does not send proper WMS request. You will see the same message from this URL
http://hip.latuviitta.org/cgi-bin/ms_ows?layers=all

Check from your Apache access.log file how the requests sent by Global Mapper look like and you may get a hint about what you should do for correcting the situation.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
Evans, James wrote:

> Hi,
> On our closed LAN, we have MS4W deployed and is being used successfully
by several WMS clients.  One of the clients, Global Mapper v12 however
is complaining.  The error says:  "Web application error.  Traditional
BROWSE mode requires a TEMPLATE in the WEB section, but none was
provided."  Older versions of Global Mapper don't seem to look for this,
and none of the other clients seem to care.  Since I don't really have a
template file, is there some dummy value I can put in there?  What does
it mean BROWSE mode?
Thanks,
James