[mapserver-users] Scribe UI basic usage

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 10:45:33 PDT 2013

Thanks Julien. I had tried the save button but it doesn't do anything. A
little further investigation and I see that my edits are being saved to
layers/*admin.map.layer* but the main map file is including layers/*
admin.map*. I'm just playing the the Natural Earth demo data. I'm editing
in the classic map file format. Any insight on that?

Thanks,
Rich

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Julien-Samuel Lacroix <
jlacroix at mapgears.com> wrote:

> Yup there's a "Save" button below the map. Someday, we could autosave to
> make things easier. BTW, I just uploaded my slides. They are still awaiting
> reviewer's attention, but I'll make sure to post the link here when it's up.
>
> Julien
>

> On 13-09-22 10:45 AM, Richard Greenwood wrote:
>
>> Another embarrassingly basic question here - after editing the map
>> configuration do you have to go to the shell and run the python script
>> to rebuild the map file and see you changes in the map viewer? It seems
>> like there would be a button to do that right in the UI but I don't see
>> it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rich
>>
>> --