[mapserver-users] GEOMTRANSFORM definition causing an error

tday tday at notionslate.net
Thu Sep 26 14:43:40 PDT 2013

Thanks for all the quick replies. At this point, I don't care what units it
is in - I'd like to get a working prototype.

I've made some changes to the map file to see if I can find the cause of my
issue.  No matter what I do, I get the same error.  Again, if I add...

GEOMTRANSFORM (buffer([shape], [map_cellsize]*10)

...I get the error. If I comment out that line, no problems.

I looked up epsg 4269 and saw it is based on Degrees so I set the UNITS to
DD.

I've been working with mapserver for a couple of weeks, so let's assume I
know next to nil...
Here is the most recent map file:

MAP
  NAME        "obscured"
  STATUS      ON
  SIZE        912 380
  EXTENT      -180 -90 180 90
  UNITS       DD
  IMAGECOLOR  255 255 255
  FONTSET     /web/mapserver/fonts.list
  CONFIG MS_ERRORFILE stdout
  # CONFIG MS_ERRORFILE /web/mapserver/ms_error.txt
  DEBUG       4

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "json"
    DRIVER "TEMPLATE"
    #MIMETYPE "application/json; subtype=geojson"
    FORMATOPTION "FILE=geojson.tmpl"
  END

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "geojson"
    DRIVER "TEMPLATE"
    #MIMETYPE "application/json; subtype=geojson"
    FORMATOPTION "FILE=geojson.tmpl"
  END

  #
  # Web Interface
  #
  WEB
    IMAGEPATH      "../out/"
    IMAGEURL       "/out/"
    METADATA
      "wfs_srs"                   "EPSG:4269"
    END
  END

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4269"
  END

  #
  # Layers
  #

  #####
  # Parcels
  #####
  LAYER
    NAME           "parcels"
    METADATA
      "wfs_title"                 "Parcels"
      "wfs_srs"                   "EPSG:4269"
      "gml_include_items"         "all"
      "gml_featureid"             "OBJECTID"
      "wfs_enable_request"        "*"
      "wfs_getfeature_formatlist" "gml,json,geojson"
      "gml_COUNTRY_ID_type"       "Character"
      "gml_STATE_ID_type"         "Character"
      "gml_COUNTY_ID_type"        "Character"
      "gml_PARCEL_ID_type"        "Character"
    END
    TYPE           POLYGON
    STATUS         ON
    # EXTENT         -180 -90 180 90
    CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
    CONNECTION     "SDE/3nz0rb4rr4g1n at ArcSDE"
    DATA           "SHAPE FROM (select OBJECTID, COUNTRY_ID, STATE_ID,
COUNTY_ID, PARCEL_ID, APP_USER_G, SHAPE from PARCEL) USING FILTER"
    PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4269"
    END
    CLASS
      NAME              "Parcels"
      STYLE
        COLOR                240 240 240
        OUTLINECOLOR           0   0   0
      END
    END
  END
  #####
  # Buffered Parcels
  #####
  LAYER
    NAME           "parcelbuffers"
    METADATA
      "wfs_title"                 "Parcel Buffers"
      "wfs_srs"                   "EPSG:4269"
      "gml_include_items"         "all"
      "gml_featureid"             "OBJECTID"
      "wfs_enable_request"        "*"
      "wfs_getfeature_formatlist" "gml,json,geojson"
      "gml_COUNTRY_ID_type"       "Character"
      "gml_STATE_ID_type"         "Character"
      "gml_COUNTY_ID_type"        "Character"
      "gml_PARCEL_ID_type"        "Character"
    END
    TYPE           POLYGON
    UNITS          DD
    STATUS         ON
    EXTENT         -180 -90 180 90
    CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
    CONNECTION     "SDE/3nz0rb4rr4g1n at ArcSDE"
    DATA           "SHAPE FROM (select OBJECTID, COUNTRY_ID, STATE_ID,
COUNTY_ID, PARCEL_ID, APP_USER_G, SHAPE from PARCEL) USING FILTER"
    PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:4269"
    END
    GEOMTRANSFORM (buffer([shape], [map_cellsize]*10)
    CLASS
      NAME              "Parcel Buffers"
      STYLE
        # GEOMTRANSFORM (buffer([shape], 5)