[mapserver-users] MapServer for Windows

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Aug 5 04:31:37 PDT 2014

Hi,

The ”relevant binaries” means copying into the cgi-bin directory of MS4W all the .dll files from \release-1600-gdal-mapserver.zip\bin\ as well as mapserv.exe from \release-1600-gdal-mapserver.zip\bin\ms\apps\.  I believe that 32-bit binaries must be used.

I made a short test with my old MS4W installation and Apache did start and all the old mapfiles I tried were working after these substitutions. However, from previous experience I know that mixed binaries can make troubles. I also believe that Mapserver is losing users because we lack an easy way to install current version on Windows.

-Jukka Rahkonen-