[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo error with native vector tileindex

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Aug 11 06:13:47 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have something like 10000 shapefiles which I have combined to one layer with a tileindex shapefile which is created with ogrtindex utility. I can make WMS to render the layer fine both with the native Mapserver tileindex connection and by reading the tileindex with OGR by using CONNECTIONTYPE OGR.  However, GetFeatureInfo works well only with OGR connection to tileindex. The native tileindex throws occasionally this error (record number varies, naturally).

msDBFReadAttribute(): DBASE file error. Invalid record number 231855.

Have anybody else experienced something similar? I know that all the shapefiles in the data directory are a bit faulty because they are written with an old shapelib version, see GDAL ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5608. However, Mapserver in this case gives an error from msDBFReadAttribute() and I do not know if it can have to do with the content length field of the .shx file. Another detail is that the shapefiles in my data directory do not overlap but the bounding boxes stored into the vector tileindex file do overlap. I also tried to make a small sample for demonstrating the issue but unfortunately Mapserver works correctly with this dataset both through the native and OGR tileindexes.

-Jukka Rahkonen-