[mapserver-users] Bulk creation of mapfile

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Aug 13 06:34:47 PDT 2014

Definitely leverage mapfile INCLUDEs
(http://mapserver.org/mapfile/include.html). In your case, each LAYER
could be an include, and you could have a mapfile template file that
your shell script writes those include layers into.

I recently saw a presentation at FOSS4G-Europe from PropertyShark, who
manages thousands of layers, using includes, and generates them through
custom Perl scripts (you can read about that discussion, or contact
them, through the recent Google+ discussion
https://plus.google.com/communities/103841604654304099367).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna