[mapserver-users] Postgis Tile Index

Dave Barter dave.barter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 02:59:06 PDT 2014

I want to create a WMS service from map server that has raster tiles stored in a postgis database

I have loaded the tiles and have a table RASTERS as follows:-

CREATE TABLE mapping_raster.streetview
(
  rid serial NOT NULL,
  rast raster,
  filename text,
  CONSTRAINT streetview_pkey PRIMARY KEY (rid)
)

I understand that Mapserver now needs two layers as per this link https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/DatabaseTileIndex

How do I create the tile index table from my raster data? The Oracle example query looks like:-

create or replace view my_raster_tindex as select some_attribute, 'geor: user/pass at tns, raster_table_DATA,'||r.raster.rasterid location, R.RASTER.spatialextent shape from rasters_table r;

I don’t properly understand which attribute links to the raster in the tile index?

TIA
Dave

--
Dave Barter