[mapserver-users] Postgis Tile Index

Dave Barter dave.barter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 03:34:03 PDT 2014

Final question. How should my map file look in order to get the raster tile from the database not the file system?

LAYER
            # CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW mapping_os_opendata_raster.streetview_tileindex AS SELECT rid as location, ST_ConvexHull(rast) as shape from mapping_os_opendata_raster.streetview
            NAME streetview_tileindex
            TYPE polygon
            PROJECTION
                "init=epsg:27700"
            END
            CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
            CONNECTION “********"
            DATA "shape from (SELECT shape,location FROM mapping_os_opendata_raster.streetview_tileindex) AS FOO USING UNIQUE location using srid=27700"

        END

        LAYER
            #RASTER TILE LAYERS MUST RUN FROM A TILEINDEX
            NAME streetview
            TYPE RASTER
            STATUS ON
            TILEINDEX "streetview_tileindex"
            TILEITEM "location"
            OFFSITE 0 0 0
            PROJECTION
                "init=epsg:27700"
            END
            DEBUG 5
            EXTENT 0 0 3000000 1000000

        END

This is not working as the layer street view returns an error:-

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'streetview'. msDrawRasterLayerLow(): Unable to access file. Corrupt, empty or missing file '654016' for layer 'street view’.

I set SHAPEFILE “” at the top of the file, but am unclear as to how the streetview layer will retrieve the tile ?

--
Dave Barter

Web: http://www.phased.co.uk
Email:dave at phased.co.uk