[mapserver-users] Web client which sends WMS requests by dividing the page

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 26 05:21:09 PDT 2014

Hi,

   Yes, there are plenty of them (all written in JavaScript):

  * OpenLayers (2.13.1):
    http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/examples/wms.html
  * ol3:
    http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/examples/wms.html
  * leaflet: http://leafletjs.com/reference.html#tilelayer-wms

HTH,

Alexandre

On 14-08-26 07:58 AM, Ceyhun Ganioglu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to ask if there's a web client for MapServer which
> supports dividing the map request into pieces.
>
> For example:
>
> When I zoom to an area on the page, instead of requesting the area
> image as one big image, divide the area to 256x256 pixel images and
> send in 16-20 requests.
>
> So instead of waiting for a whole picture to be loaded, users can see
> the images loading one by one.
>
> Many thanks in advance

Alexandre Dubé
T: +1 418-696-5056 #203