[mapserver-users] maxscale (denom) with gml ?

bpicinbono at worldonline.fr bpicinbono at worldonline.fr
Mon Dec 1 13:05:49 PST 2014

Many thanks for investigating;
please check below the relevant parts of the mapfile,
as well as the openlayers related code;
(the purpose is to display nooa gfs winds forecasts, "vents" means "winds" in
french);

some stuff like the SYMBOL part and the layer's STYLE part should not be
necessary anymore with gml output, as well as few other directives, clean up job
ahead..., but working, minus the maxscale (denom) directive which is not working
in this configuration;

I could manage the scale display control on the openlayers 3 side with an if
case based on the zoom level, but I would prefer mapserver mapfile to drive it;

Thanks again
Blaise

- - - - - - - - - -
--- mapfile ---
(called rg_noaa_vents_gml.map, called on the ol3 side)

MAP
  NAME rg_noaa
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 600 600

  EXTENT -180 -90 180 90

  FONTSET "fonts/fonts.list"
  UNITS DD
  SHAPEPATH "data"
  IMAGECOLOR 230 230 255
  TEMPLATEPATTERN "rg_noaa"
  IMAGETYPE PNG24
  OUTPUTFORMAT

    # image mapfile #
    #TRANSPARENT ON
    #IMAGEMODE RGB
    #DRIVER GD/PNG

    # gml mapfile #
    NAME "gml"
    DRIVER "TEMPLATE"
    FORMATOPTION "FILE=rg_noaa_vent_gml.map"

  END
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END

  WEB
    HEADER templates/header_ol.html
    TEMPLATE "set in index.html"
    FOOTER templates/footer.html
    MAXSCALE 200000000
    IMAGEPATH "/tmp/ms_tmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
    METADATA
      "WMS_TITLE" "vrrroum_noaa"

      "WMS_ONLINERESOURCE"
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/rg/blabla_02/noaa/rg_noaa_vents_gml.map"

      "WMS_SRS" "EPSG:4326"
      "WMS_ENABLE_REQUEST" "*"
      #"WMS_FEATURE_INFO_MIME_TYPE" "text/html"
      "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "text/gml"

      "WFS_ONLINERESOURCE"
"http://ip-adress/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/rg/blabla_02/noaa/rg_noaa_vents_gml.map&"

      "WFS_ENABLE_REQUEST" "*"
      "wfs_feature_info_mime_type" "text/gml"

    END
  END

  SYMBOL
    NAME "arrowfilled"
    TYPE vector
    FILLED true
    #FILLED false
    POINTS
    1 0
    -1 0
    -1 7
    -3 7
    0 10
    3 7
    1 7
    1 0
    -1 0
    END # POINTS
  END # SYMBOL

LAYER   ##### ##### ##### fv_168
NAME fv_168
GROUP v_168
TYPE POINT
STATUS ON
DATA fv_168
MAXSCALEDENOM 20000000
SIZEUNITS kilometers

METADATA
  "WMS_TITLE" "v_168"
  "WMS_SRS" "epsg:4326"
  "wms_include_items" "all"
  "gml_include_items" "all"
  "WMS_ENABLE_REQUEST" "*"

  "wfs_title" "v_168"
  "wfs:srs" "EPSG:4326"
  "gml_include_items" "all"
  "gml_featureid" "ID"
  "wfs_enable_request" "*"
END

CLASS
TEMPLATE "templates/vents.html"
 STYLE
  OPACITY 50
  SYMBOL "arrowfilled"
  SIZE [VITREP]
  ANGLE [ANGLE]
  WIDTH 2
  COLOR 100 100 150
 END
END
DUMP TRUE
HEADER "templates/vents_header_ol.html"
FOOTER "templates/vents_footer_ol.html"
TOLERANCE 20
END

END # Map File

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
--- openlayers 3 ---
(extracts of the layer description)

var gmlSourceV_168 = new ol.source.ServerVector({
    layer: 'v_168gml',
    format: new ol.format.WFS({
        featureNS: "http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver",
        featureType: 'fv_168'
    }),
    projection: 'EPSG:4326',
    loader: function(extent, resolution, projection) {
        $.ajax({
            url:
'http://ip-adress/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/rg/blabla_02/noaa/rg_noaa_vents_gml.map&service=WFS&'
+

'version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=fv_168&outputFormat=text/xml;
subtype=gml/3.1.1&' +
            '&srsname=EPSG:4326&bbox=' + extent.join(',')
    }).done(
            function(response) {

gmlSourceV_168.addFeatures(gmlSourceV_168.readFeatures(response));
            });
    },
    strategy: ol.loadingstrategy.bbox
});

var gmlLayerV_168 = new ol.layer.Vector({
    title: '168gml',
    type: 'base',
    visible: false,
    source: gmlSourceV_168,
    style: (function() {
        function ruleStyle(vitrep, angle, lon, lat) {
            var ruleStyle = [new ol.style.Style({
                image: new ol.style.Icon({
                    src: 'images/windarrow_42.png',
                    rotation: angle * 3.141592654 / 180
                }),
            })];
            return ruleStyle;
        }
        return function(feature, resolution) {
            var vitrep = feature.get('VITREP');
            var angle = - feature.get('ANGLE');
            var lon = feature.getX;
            var lat = feature.Y;
            return ruleStyle(vitrep, angle, lon, lat);
    };
    })()
});