[mapserver-users] BUG (??) in CGI variable substitution. COLOR change occurs up too high in the hierarchy of Mapfile

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Sat Dec 13 19:34:39 PST 2014

All,

Using this CGI fragment:

. . .?map_layer[Points].class[0].LABEL[0].STYLE[0]=color+0+255+0& . . .

and I'm trying to set the color in this mapfile fragment inside of the STYLE (inside of the LABEL bloc):

                        NAME "GPS History"
                        TEXT "[seq]"
                        LABEL
                        #       OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
                                COLOR 255 255 254
                                FONT "arial-bold"
                                TYPE truetype
                                SIZE 9
                                POSITION cc
                                #PARTIALS false
                                FORCE true
                                STYLE
                                        GEOMTRANSFORM  labelpoly
                                        COLOR 255 0 0
                                        #OUTLINECOLOR  0 0 0
                                        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
                                        WIDTH 1
                                END
                        END

The change is occurring however at the COLOR value in the LABEL (text-color), not at the STYLE level (background polygon color).  I assume this is something that hasn't been run into by anyone since the background label polys were implemented, and there being two different levels where the COLOR value can be set inside a single code block, or am I missing something?

Thanks

bobb