[mapserver-users] is there a way to avoid clipping the symbols on the edge of a tile

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Fri Dec 19 07:32:30 PST 2014

You’re not using mode=tile? The regular CGI map (e.g. mode=map) creation knows nothing about tiles so there’s no way to avoid edge effects. There are specialized tools like MapCache that take MapServer maps and create tiles from them. Those tools use techniques like meta-tiling, no label buffers and map edge buffers to avoid edge effects. MapServer also has a built-in tile mode (mode=tile) that can do edge buffering but you’re limited to (I think) known tiling schemes (like Google Maps).

Steve