[mapserver-users] scaling symbols along a line

Håvard Tveite havard.tveite at nmbu.no
Thu Feb 6 00:02:54 PST 2014

I don't think this is supported.
What I guess you could do is to place a small symbol at
one end of the line, and a large symbol at the other end
(using geomtransform start / end), and then add symbols
with an intermediate size in between (using gap and
initialgap - will probably give some problems with symbol
overlap at the end of the line...).

Håvard

On 05.02.2014 17:01, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a way to scale symbols along a line somehow?
>
> I want to make a symbol decrease in size at a regular interval along a line.  The idea is show direction of travel with an increasing symbol size as the last location.  I know I can do this with a AJAX call and dressing it in the browser, but can mapserver do this for decorating a line, which would be much quicker (and easier)?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bobb

Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, NMBU
Drøbakveien 31, POBox 5003, N-1432 Ås, NORWAY
Phone: +47 64965483 Fax: +47 64965401 http://www.nmbu.no/imt/