[mapserver-users] Mapserver can't read mapfile

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Mon Feb 10 07:15:58 PST 2014

Hello!!

I'am having my mapfile place in /home/mapdata folder whereas I also keep a couple of other mapfiles too.
I'm trying to load it in the following form on the browser: http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/mapdata/pelop.map&mode=map

and all I get is a blank page. No errors no nothing.

Then I created an html template in order to click it from there by creating a simple link (and not a from) in the following hyperlink:  <a href="http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/mapdata/pelop/map&mode=map> This link </a>

And I get the following error: msLoadMap(): Unable to access file.

Last time this happened I was invoking Mapserver through a form but this time it's just a simple link.

Why is it happening ?

The weird thing is that all the other mapfiles that are seem to be working are are having the same permission settings with the current: -rw-r--r--

Thanks a lot!