[mapserver-users] Mysql Ogr Error

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Feb 16 02:36:32 PST 2014

Hi,

You wrote some time ago:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the quick reply. I already compiled the mapserver --with-mysql
> and it seems that its not working as well. How can I fix this issue?

What did you mean with that? Mapserver reads MySQL through GDAL so you should compile GDAL with MySQL and Mapserver with that GDAL. I am sorry if I am lost because I do not compile anything myself.
For fixing the issue the first step is to get GDAL with MySQL support. Before you have such all other work you do is wasting everybody's time.

I do not believe much in my theory of reserved keyword "name" but I have experienced something like that myself. If something works with v. 5.0 does not guarantee that it works as such with v. 6.2.  If, once you have a proper GDAL with MySQL and Mapserver with that GDAL, you still face a problem, I would recommend to have try escaping "name". It means 10 seconds work for you to edit your mapfile and try. That is not much wasted time at all even if it had no effect at all.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

-Jukka Rahkonen-