[mapserver-users] Geotiff OUTPUTFORMAT fails in browse mode

Juanma M. R. juanma.mr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 07:23:39 PST 2014

Dear all,

I am trying to generate a georeferenced image with Mapserver. Now I am
trying to do it with GeoTIFF.

The issue is that all the outputformats are working in browse mode but
GeoTiff. However, if I change to map mode, the URL request works and gives
back the tiff data in stream to the browser.

Is there any reason to GeoTIFF not working in browse mode, writting a file
in the temporal folder from the server?

My outputformat in .map file:

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME GEOTIFF_16
  DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"
  MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
  IMAGEMODE RGB
  EXTENSION "tif"
END

I have checked the compilation of mapserver having the --with-tiff in both
cases. And it is ok but the

./mapserv -v

returns:

MapServer version 4.10.7 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=POINT_Z_M INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I don't know if this is relevant not having something like OUTPUT=TIFF but
if no GeoTIFF support was included it shoudn't work neither in map mode,
which works, should it?. The compilation was with no errors. This happens
in both, Mapserver 4.10 and Mapserver 5.6.6.

Regards,
Juan Manuel Moreno Rivera.

Sección de Teledetección y SIG / Remote Sensing & GIS group

Instituto de Desarrollo Regional / Institute for Regional Development

Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha / University of Castilla-La Mancha

Tlf: +34 967599200 (Ext: 2623)
http://www.teledeteccionysig.es/