[mapserver-users] Geotiff OUTPUTFORMAT fails in browse mode

Juanma M. R. juanma.mr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:04:07 PST 2014

Hi Steve,

First of all, thank you for your answer Steve.

I know it is old-style this way of requesting but I am trying to add
functionallity to a complex software based in this old-styled way of
working. I know that upgrading to the latest version of Mapserver would be
the best, however it implies resources and time that could be not
affordable right now as the existing and working map files would need
upgrade.

That is why I try working like that. I want to offer KMZ download and I was
trying to make a bridge to this format avoiding the upgrade of Mapserver by
updating GDAL, which can be done without having to update mapserver version
used by the system. Using the latest version of gdal_translate will make
affordable to get KMZ file from a GeoTIFF, for example, if I can store it
in the server side, which is what browse mode allows.

I know it sounds a bit complex, but updating the whole system is much more
complex and requires more efforts. Does anyone know why geotiff doesn´t
work in browse mode? Maybe is a limitation of these versions of mapserver,
4.10 and 5.6.6. If so, just knowing it would avoid me a lot of time
searching for it.

Cheers,

Juan Manuel Moreno Rivera.

Sección de Teledetección y SIG / Remote Sensing & GIS group

Instituto de Desarrollo Regional / Institute for Regional Development

Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha / University of Castilla-La Mancha

Tlf: +34 967599200 (Ext: 2623)
http://www.teledeteccionysig.es/