[mapserver-users] Mapserver 6.4.1 and libpng

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Thu Feb 20 19:10:17 PST 2014

What version of libpng is required by Mapserver 6.4.1? we have a problem with a client_wms call through a newly compiled Mapserver v6.4.1 on our Unbuntu server. Here is a layer from my map file:

LAYER
  NAME lakes
  GROUP "vector"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTION "remote/WMSServer?"
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  METADATA
   "wms_srs"             "EPSG:2193"
   "wms_name"            "14,15"
   "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
   "wms_format"          "image/png"
  END
 END

This worked fine under 6.0.1, but now fails with 6.4.1. This is the error message:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException>
msDrawMap(): WMS connection error. Failed to draw WMS layer named 'lakes'. This most likely happened because the remote WMS server returned an invalid image, and XML exception or another unexpected result in response to the GetMap request. Also check and make sure that the layer's connection URL is valid.
msDrawRasterLayerLow(): Unable to access file. Corrupt, empty or missing file '/vsimem/msout/5306bf40_6ceb_0.img.tmp' for layer 'lakes'. The PNG driver failed to in png_create_read_struct().
This may be due to version compatibility problems.
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Any clues?

Many thanks,

Robert Sanson

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and then delete this email from your system.

This message has been scanned for Malware and Viruses by Websense Hosted Security.
www.websense.com