[mapserver-users] WMS image display

Dash jimlug at co.clackamas.or.us
Tue Feb 25 09:47:32 PST 2014

Our tiff images do not have overviews.  We are thinking that something may
have happened during the transfer of the image from our Windows machine to
Linux machine.  I highly doubt this is the case but it's worth a shot.

I was just reading about creating overviews.  It seems this would increase
the amount of disk space needed but would it actually increase application
performance?  What is the difference between overviews and creating a tile
index using gdal?

Thanks.