[mapserver-users] MapServer 6.4 Released

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Sat Jan 4 13:55:18 PST 2014

> On 17 September 2013 22:55, andy <andy at squeakycode.net> wrote:
>>> I start with:
>>>
>>> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/tmp/map  -DWITH_PERL=1  ..
>>>
>>> it runs ok, and displays:
>>>
>>> -- Will install files to /tmp/map
>>> -- Configuring done
>>> -- Generating done
>>>
>>> then I run make, which compiles fine.  But "make install" has a problem
>>> with mapscript and tries to copy it to /usr/local/lib64, not /tmp/map.
>>>
>>> -- Installing: /usr/local/lib64/perl5/auto/mapscript/mapscript.so
>>> CMake Error at mapscript/perl/cmake_install.cmake:38 (FILE):
>>>     file INSTALL cannot copy file
>>>

>> In mapscript/perl/CMakeLists.txt, how about stripping the leading '/' so
>> that INSTALL() has a relative path instead of absolute:
>>
>> set(CUSTOM_PERL_SITE_ARCH_DIR ${PERL_SITEARCH} CACHE DIR "Custom
>> installation directory for perl binary extension
>> # strip leading slash so INSTALL() uses CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
>> string(SUBSTRING ${CUSTOM_PERL_SITE_ARCH_DIR} 1 -1
>> CUSTOM_PERL_SITE_ARCH_DIR)
>>

>> Maybe?
>>
>> -Andy

On 09/24/2013 04:51 AM, thomas bonfort wrote:> Disclaimer: I might have no idea of what I'm talking about given I'm
> no mapscript or perl user or expert.
> I'm a bit weary of applying this one. We'll install to the directory
> required by the current perl installation, which is independent of the
> prefix path. I believe you can supply CUSTOM_PERL_SITEARCH_DIR on the
> command line if you want to install somewhere else, correct?
>
> --
> thomas

I finally got back to this little project, and turns out the answer is not to use CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Instead, use:
cmake .. -DWITH_PERL=1

Then use DESTDIR (just like you used to in prior version):
make install DESTDIR=/tmp/map

Everything installs to the tmp folder, and I can create a package from there.

Also, I can report, that my test box upgraded and ran ok with 6.4.1 (although I have not tested extensively).

-Andy