[mapserver-users] Intersect and Union with mapserver

saka royban sakaroyban at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 07:46:55 PST 2014

Thanks a world for your very helpful answers.
Also sorry for a bit latency. I wasn't around here for a while.

I was thinking a solution like the one suggested by Brent. Thanks to him for
his detailed solution. It sounds at the end i should choose a
database-dependent solution, as described by Brent.

About the definition of Union in ArcGIS, the best reference to understand
that, is ArcGIS help. This is the entry for Union with pictures and ... :
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//00080000000s000000
<http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//00080000000s000000>

Finally, as Jukka talked about QGIS. This is a little confusing to me. In a
web mapping application which is implemented by MapServer, Can we rely on
QGIS capabilities and use the in our application? If so, how would be the
connection between MapServer and QGIS.

Best Regards