[mapserver-users] How to deal with (visible) CONNECTION information in .MAP file for WMS purposes

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 06:08:59 PST 2014

Using that with an environment variable as others have pointed out, or other rewrite techniques from http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html#changing-the-online-resource-url are a good way to go. I would personally *not* recommend any techniques involving a wrapper script for anything other than development, as your webserver has to spawn two processes (bash + mapserv) instead of one (mapserv) for each request; this can add noticeable overhead in production.

--
thomas