[mapserver-users] how to check which proj is used by mapserver

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 07:09:16 PST 2014

Hi,

I am using

MapServer version 6.4.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

While overlaying two latlong point layers using a map file with an
epsg:3003 output projection I noticed an offset resulting for one of the
two layers.

this comes from the fact that one layer is an epsg:4326 shapefile, which is
being reprojected to epsg:3003 by mapserver, while the other layer is
generated on the fly be reading lat+lon from a database, and generating a
point layer for which x,y coordinates are obtained by calling the system's
gdaltransform, so it seems that the two packages don't use the same process
to execute the reprojection.

I am aware of the towgs84 correction to be applied in Italy, so I was able
to reconcile the issue by specifying the mapfile projection with the
customized projection string

what I would like to understand is if there is a way to check which what
version of proj is being used by my version of mapserver, to pin-point the
source of the difference between the two systems
I tried fiddling with ldd and strings, but would appreciate a lead (also to
check if the issue may be elsewhere)

TIA for any feedback, and regards

Andrea
http://www.pibinko.org