[mapserver-users] non spatial MSSQL data in a Layer JOIN

KenHeer1 kenheer1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 08:07:58 PST 2014

Again thanks for all the help. We're on the same page, what I have in my
mapfile definition is:

CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
CONNECTION "C:/Path/to/shapefile.shp"
DATA "SELECT shapefile.*, tablename.* FROM shapefile LEFT JOIN
'MSSQL:server=server\instance;database=dbname;UID=userid;PWD=password;'.tablename
ON shapefile.fieldkey = tablename.fieldkey"

and running ogrinfo I have:

ogrinfo -sql "select shapefile.*, tablename.* from shapefile left join
'MSSQL:server=server\instance;database=dbname;UID=userid;PWD=password;'.tablename
ON shapefile.fieldkey = tablename.fieldkey" C:/Path/to/shapefile.shp

When I try either I get an error saying my table doesn't exist. The specific
error I get is "SELECT from table zone failed, no such table/featureclass"
(zone being the table I'm trying to get to).

Using ogrinfo, I've tried the connection to the shapefile by itself and it
works, and I've tried the connection to the OGR database and it works. I can
query out of each of them fine, but when I attempt the join it says the
table (that I was just able to query) doesn't exist.

Thanks