[mapserver-users] featureInfo data mapping

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jan 20 07:12:38 PST 2014

On 1/20/2014 10:01 AM, martijnvdp wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to map the $value parameters to Strings in the feature info
> templates. Is there a way to get that done?
>
> For example, when
> $value == 1
> I want to output 'bla'

You can do that in SQL if your data is coming from a database.

For shapefiles, you could load them into postgis, then update the tables
to include those values and then dump them back to shapefiles.

There might be some very basic join capabilities during queries

google: mapserver shapefile join

or look at http://mapserver.org/mapfile/join.html

The idea here would be to put the mapping data in a dbf file.

-Steve W