[mapserver-users] Layer with over 6000 shapefiles

EVANS, JAMES R GS-13 USAF ACC 84 RADES/SCZE james.evans.4 at us.af.mil
Wed Jan 29 10:16:40 PST 2014

I was off on the size of the shape file.  It's 265MB, not GB.  Doh!  Anyway, the performance when processing that files was still surprisingly bad.  Quad core server and all 4 core's were maxed out for about 5 minutes after just loading that layer on a client.  I am running Server 2003, and only have 4GB ram on that server.  We are looking at replacing it.
James