[mapserver-users] Layer with over 6000 shapefiles

EVANS, JAMES R GS-13 USAF ACC 84 RADES/SCZE james.evans.4 at us.af.mil
Wed Jan 29 10:27:43 PST 2014

The Tile4ms utility is kicking out an error on some of the larger shape
files, saying the .dbf doesn't match the file.  Whatever that means.  I can
still load the "bad" shapefiles in Global Mapper, and they appear to be
correct.  I'm reprocessing the data now to cut down on the number of files.
I should end up with a 48x16 grid covering the whole world.  Hopefully I can
get that working with an index and speed things up when displaying this
layer.