[mapserver-users] Windows Installation

trailway trailway at gmail.com
Thu May 15 12:44:23 PDT 2014

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I appreciate all the advice.

James - It is still confusing to me how exactly to configure IIS.  I have
found multiple sets of instructions.  For me, Apache is an option and I was
thinking that it might be easier to configure and use in conjunction with
Map Server.

Richard - Thanks for note on using LINUX.  Unfortunately, I have other
software which is Windows only so that isn't an option for me at this time.
I noticed on your website that you have deployed Map Server on Amazon.  If
you any lessons learned from that then I'd sure appreciate it.

After writing this I found that I had overlooked the statement "32bit/64bit
don't contain the same set of packages/versions  (compare) (purple is 32 bit
only)" on the page:

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/

That gives you this link:

http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/versions_diff-x86-x86_64.html