[mapserver-users] WFS with featureID, maxFeatures, & BBOX

Nathan Smith nsmith13 at nd.edu
Mon May 19 09:05:12 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've been getting some unexpected results combining BBOX and MaxFeatures and was hoping someone might be able to explain why.  I have a web app that uses OpenLayers with a MapServer WFS layer.  A typical WFS request is POST with a bunch of featureID items, maxfeatures: 1000, & a bbox set by OL.  It seems that when the featureID list gets over 1000, instead of first filtering by BBOX and then truncating maxFeatures it applies the limit first.  Actually I’m not sure bbox is being applied at all.

Any ideas?  Is the the correct behavior?

Thanks,
- Nathan Smith