[mapserver-users] RE Dynamically extent and layer filter

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Fri May 30 09:30:21 PDT 2014

Begin with a simple validation until it works.  Is it working if you set
VALIDATION
        id '.*'
END

If yes then the problem is in your regex. Make sure that ',' are accepted.
If not the problem is the FILTER or the parameter you pass.

Also Is your ID an integer or text in postgis? I think it matters.
('%id%') this would send a string to pg. In this case try FILTER  "id" in
('%id%'), otherwise try
FILTER  id in (%id%)

It is not an easy task (in my opinion) in mapserv to use expresion and
filter
But have a look at this. there are several examples
http://mapserver.org/fr/mapfile/expressions.html#string-expressions-that-return-a-logical-value

Also in you MAPFILE set  debug 5 in the MAP block, and also in your layer
block. You will have more info in your mapserver log.
steve

Dedy Fuadi <sampahe.fb3 at gmail.com>
2014-05-30 12:17

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
cc
mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Objet
Re: RE [mapserver-users] Dynamically extent and layer filter

This is my mapfile part :
VALIDATION
END
FILTER  (id in ('%id%'))

and as your advice I set URL parameter like &id=1,4,8 but the map is not
appears there.

When I opened debug, I found :
[Sat May 31 00:10:34 2014].758000 msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error.
String failed expression test.
[Sat May 31 00:10:34 2014].758000 loadForm(): Web application error.
Parameter 'id' value fails to validate.