[mapserver-users] WFS DescribeFeatureType returns string for all attributes

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Oct 10 09:29:16 PDT 2014

Hi,

TinyOWS publish the schema automatically right and it belongs to the Mapserver family. Perhaps you could have a try with it? Live test server here
http://hip.latuviitta.org/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=GetCapabilities

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Steve Toutant wrote:

Hi,
I'm using mapserv 6.4.1 as a wfs server to publish hundreds of layers. Most of the Layers are Postgis table or view
DescribeFeatureType on a layer returns "string" as data type for each attributes. This is an issue when we want to flter on WFS layer.

I saw that this issue was discussed years ago
https://github.com/mapserver/docs/issues/65

Before Adding gml_[item name]_type for each non string attributes of every layers...Is there a plan to fix this bug?

thank you
Steve