[mapserver-users] WMS & MSSQL Question

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Sep 9 13:45:31 PDT 2014

Hi,

Probably your layers have not STATUS DEFAULT http://mapserver.org/de/faq.html#what-does-status-mean-in-a-layer.  Change the status to DEFAULT or add &layers=all into your request.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

________________________________
Tim Nasman wrote:

Hello,

So I have been slowly learning the in's and out's of Mapserver and right now I am at an impasse because I am not getting anymore errors to figure out where to look next.

I am importing data from a MSSQL database and Mapserver is configured as a WMS. When I test the mapfile in shp2img I get the information I want so I know the connection is working and as far I know the mapfile is correct, but when I try to access the map on my server using

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\mypath\mapfile.map&mode=browse

 I am just receiving a blank box that is the same size as my map size with no errors to chase out. So I guess my question would be, where in the mapfile should I start digging into to figure out why it is not showing the information I want.

Thanks

--
Timothy Nasman
Data Analyst | Programmer