[mapserver-users] LAYER example for kernerdensity wanted

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Sep 27 12:51:05 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am running MapServer version 6.5-dev on Windows and I suppose it has the support for kerneldensity layers. Could someone show the LAYER part that works with the Natural Earth populated places dataset http://www.naturalearthdata.com/http//www.naturalearthdata.com/download/10m/cultural/ne_10m_populated_places.zip? I have created .qix index but not touched the data in other ways.

I have indeed managed to get some coloured stripes out at some scales but what I mostly get is Internal server error (http 500). MS_ERRORFILE does not show any errors and Apache error log is probably recording just this:
[Sat Sep 27 21:57:27 2014] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: mapserv.exe

My current LAYER (or layers, one for data and one for kerneldensity):

LAYER
NAME "points"
DATA "c:\data\ne\ne_10m_populated_places"
TYPE POINT
    STATUS ON
    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4326"
    END
    debug 5
    CLASS
       STYLE
                   SIZE 5
                   SYMBOL "circle"
                   COLOR 200 200 200
                   OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
        END
    END
END
layer
    name "heatmap"
    type raster
    connectiontype kerneldensity
    connection "points"
    status on
    debug 5
    #processing "RANGE_COLORSPACE=HSL"
    processing "KERNELDENSITY_RADIUS=20"
    processing "KERNELDENSITY_ATTRIBUTE=RANK_MIN"
    #processing "KERNELDENSITY_COMPUTE_BORDERS=ON"
    processing "KERNELDENSITY_NORMALIZATION=AUTO"
    offsite 0 0 0
    class
      style
        COLORRANGE  "#0000ff00"  "#0000ffff"
        DATARANGE 0 32
      end
      style
        COLORRANGE  "#0000ffff"  "#ff0000ff"
        DATARANGE 32 255
      end
    end
  end

What I have tried so far has been to comment out this and that but result seems to be always the same.

-Jukka Rahkonen-